A super easy and delicious meal that looks almost too pretty to pack for lunch. This roasted chicken stacks recipe can feed a crowd and also makes for a perfect meal prep recipe. Get all the benefits from the keto-friendly dose of protein, healthy fats, and low carbohydrates, with an added bonus that is just a pinch of seasoning away!
Salt and pepper are normally found sitting on the table in restaurants and in your home. It’s become a norm to add a pinch of salt and pepper to most of your dishes to enhance the taste of your meals. Ever wonder why we add black pepper to food in the first place?
Let’s take a look at what black pepper has to offer. The pairing of salt and pepper as table condiments dates to seventeenth-century French cuisine, which considered pepper the only spice that didn’t overpower the true taste of food. Like many strong spices, pepper has historically been used as both a condiment and a medicine to treat a variety of illnesses from constipation, hernias, and heart disease to diarrhea, joint pain, and eye infections. This spice comes from (you guessed it) the pepper plant and provides a ton of benefits:
- Improved digestion
- Intestinal health
- Aided weight loss
- Increased metabolism
- Treatment of skin problems
Black pepper contains minerals like potassium. When you lose sodium on a keto diet, the salt depletion causes a parallel loss of potassium. Common symptoms of a potassium deficiency – the medical term is hypokalemia – include weakness, muscular cramps, constipation, irritability or skin problems. Bottom line: get your pepper!
Fun Fact: Not only has pepper been used as a seasoning but also as a currency and sacred offering since the times of Ancient Greece – hence the name “Black Gold.”
Roasted Chicken Stacks
This easy and delicious meal looks almost too pretty to pack for lunch. This roasted chicken stacks recipe is perfect for a crowd or your next meal prep!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 5 small chicken breasts or chicken breast cutlets
- 1 head of savoy cabbage
- 5 slices of prosciutto
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian herb blend
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Combine the chicken breast, salt, pepper, herbs and coconut flour in a gallon sized plastic bag. Shake to evenly coat the chicken, yes, like shake and bake!
- Drizzle a tbsp. of the oil on the sheet pan.
- Shred the savoy cabbage and make 5 little piles of shredded cabbage on the sheet pan. Sprinkle with a little salt. Drizzle a little oil on them. Place a coated chicken breast over each one. Lastly top each chicken piece with a slice of prosciutto. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Roast at 400F for 30 minutes
- Pour the broth in to the sheet pan. Roast for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
- Use a spatula to scoop up one stack at a time.
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 24.8
- Carbohydrates: 5.8
- Protein: 33.7
Keywords: roasted chicken stacks