Zucchini noodles — often referred to as zoodles — are the keto answer to pretty much all your pasta needs.
This gluten-free, paleo-friendly pasta alternative can be spiralized to match the shape of pasta and offers the perfect base for your favorite sauces.
You can choose to add some protein to this recipe if you want more substance or serve it as a side dish. The lemon and veggies make this the perfect summer dish that’s also light and packed with nutrients.
This lemon garlic zucchini noodle recipe is:
The main ingredients are:
- Fresh lemon juice
- Garlic cloves
Optional additional ingredients:
- Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
Health Benefits of Lemon Garlic Zucchini Noodles
Pasta Without The Carbs
Keto can be a rough adjustment when you no longer get to enjoy your favorite Italian dishes. That is until you discover the wonders of zucchini.
Spiralized zucchini noodles have truly been a lifesaver for the keto community. With a fraction of the carbs, you would find in your traditional pasta recipes, these “noodles” act as the perfect low-carb stand-in, so you never have to feel deprived.
The olive oil adds some omega-9 monounsaturated fats, which may support heart health, and garlic is an excellent source of the compound allicin, which is a potent antioxidant and antibacterial nutrient[*][*][*].
Garlic Lemon Zucchini Pasta
Garlic lemon zucchini pasta makes the perfect weeknight meal or side dish. So grab your spiralizer, and let’s get cooking.
To begin, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Next, add in your garlic and cook for 30 seconds until it becomes fragrant (that should get your taste buds going).
Add your lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and heavy cream to the pan and cook for about eight to ten minutes, until the sauce is reduced. You can add more seasoning to taste, and once it’s just right, turn off the heat.
Finally, add your zucchini noodles to the skillet and toss them to coat in the sauce.
Serve with your protein of choice and garnish with fresh herbs.Print
Keto Creamy Garlic Lemon Zucchini Pasta
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 2 large zucchini’s (spiralized into noodles, you can use a basic vegetable peeler to make large ribbons too)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon (zest reserved + 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup of cream
- A handful of fresh basil or parsley (roughly chopped)
- Add olive oil to a large saute pan set over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and heavy cream to the pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes until sauce is reduced. Adjust seasoning to taste. Turn off heat.
- Add zucchini noodles and toss to coat in sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 283
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 12g (net: 8g)
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: garlic lemon zucchini pasta