This delicious ice cream sandwich is made with homemade ice cream and Perfect Keto double chocolate cookies.
The cookies are gluten-free, low net carb, and added sugar-free. Meanwhile, the vanilla ice cream recipe contains only four ingredients; vanilla extract, heavy whipping cream, monk fruit sweetener, and collagen.
If you’re an ice cream fan and a cookie lover, have the best of both worlds with this tasty and satisfying frozen dessert.
These cookie ice cream sandwiches are:
The main ingredients are:
Optional additional ingredients:
- Sugar-free chocolate chips
- Store-bought Ice cream
- Keto whipped cream
Health Benefits of These Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
Protein To Support Your Connective Tissue
These ice cream sandwiches contain a secret ingredient that may be the key to keeping your connective tissue healthy and vibrant. The ingredient? Collagen.
Collagen makes up a vital aspect of your connective tissue, which provides support and structure throughout your body. Healthy connective tissue is crucial for the proper function of your joints, to keep your bones healthy, and to fend off signs of aging like wrinkling skin.
In fact, research shows that taking collagen supplements can help reverse signs of aging by increasing skin elasticity and improving hydration[*].
Rich in Antioxidants
The ingredients in this ice cream sandwich recipe are not only perfect tailored to keep your blood sugar low — but they’re also packed with nutrients. In fact, there are several sources of antioxidant compounds in these delicious treats. These include:
- Almonds — Almonds are rich in vitamin E, a fat-soluble antioxidant that can protect your cell membranes from oxidative stress[*].
- Cocoa powder — Cocoa is a food that’s packed with flavonoid antioxidant compounds. The antioxidants in cocoa are particularly beneficial for heart health.[*].
- Monk fruit — Monk fruit, an alternative sweetener used in both the cookies and ice cream, contains an antioxidant compound called mongroside. Research shows that mogroside not only contributes to blood sugar regulation but also combats oxidative stress at the same time[*].
Ice Cream Sandwich
Ice cream cookie sandwiches make the perfect summertime treat, but you can enjoy this dessert any time of the year.
If you want to switch it up, try using the Perfect Keto chocolate chip cookies.
And if you want to jazz up your ice cream selection, pick up some store-bought low-carb cookie dough, salted caramel, or mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Whatever your favorite ice cream flavor is, you can’t go wrong sandwiching it between two low-carb cookies.
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 sandwiches 1x
- Prep the keto ice cream according to the recipe.
- Equally distribute ice cream in between two keto double chocolate cookies.
- Add optional chocolate chips around the outside, or leave them plain.
- Freeze in an airtight container until ready to be eaten.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 33.3g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g (Net: 11g)
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Protein: 8.5g