When it comes to comfort food, keto recipes never fail to deliver.
This keto green bean casserole recipe is gluten-free, low-carb, and packed with flavor.
While traditional green bean casserole is often made with cream of mushroom soup and topped with fried onions, this recipe calls for all fresh ingredients.
And the carb count? Each serving is just 4.1 net carbs.
This low-carb green bean casserole recipe is:
The main ingredients are:
Optional additional ingredients:
Health Benefits of Keto Green Bean Casserole
Low In Calories, Rich In Nutrients
One serving of this keto green bean casserole is only 133 calories, but it’s packed with nutrient-rich ingredients like mushrooms, green beans, onion, garlic, and bone broth. This makes green bean casserole a fantastic side dish, or if you want to double (or even triple) the serving size, it could be served as your main course.
Loaded With Antioxidants
This green bean casserole is packed with antioxidants coming from the green beans, garlic, and onion.
Green beans are a fantastic source of vitamin C, which not only acts as an antioxidant in your body, but is also a crucial component of collagen synthesis[*].
Onions are a rich source of quercetin, a phytonutrient compound that’s involved in the activity of glutathione — one of the most potent antioxidants in your body[*].
Keto Green Bean Casserole
Keto casserole anyone?
To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Next, grab a large pot and boil your green beans until fork tender (about 10 minutes).
In a large skillet, add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and broth, bringing to a boil, and stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to a simmer and add in the cream cheese, stirring to combine.
Drain the green beans and then add them to the mushroom sauce, mixing until combined.
Add the green bean mixture to an 8×8 casserole dish, and top with shredded cheese, sea salt, and black pepper.
For a crispy finish, sprinkle pork rinds on top of the casserole.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese turns golden brown.
This dish is easy to reheat and often tastes even better the next day once all the flavors combine.Print
Keto Green Bean Casserole
Keto green bean casserole recipe is the perfect comfort food, it’s low-carb (carb count: 4.1 net), gluten-free, and packed with flavor. Top with crispy pork rinds.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups fresh green beans, sliced in smaller pieces (can also use frozen sliced green beans)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ¼ white onion, sliced
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chicken bone broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Additional topping (optional*)
- Crushed pork rinds
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a large pot, boil the green beans until fork tender (about 10 minutes).
- In a large saucepan, add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and broth, bringing to a boil, and stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add in the cream cheese, stirring to combine.
- Add the green beans in, mixing until combined.
- Add the green bean mixture to an 8×8 baking dish, and top with shredded cheese, sea salt, black pepper, and optional crushed pork rinds.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3g (Net: 4.1g)
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 6.1g