Fajitas are something most people have probably attempted to make themselves, but usually with a premade, store bought seasoning mix. Little do you know that homemade, authentic Tex Mex style fajitas only require a few ingredients and a mix of simple spices. These spicy beef keto fajitas are a wonderful ketogenic meal option for busy weeknights because it only takes 15-20 minutes to make and only require one pan for easy clean up.
The Main Ingredients in These Fajitas Include:
- Grass fed strip steak
- Bell peppers
Using grass fed beef not only provides healthy fats in your diet, but will also offer a wide array of health benefits such as supporting normal blood sugar levels and helping to ward off diseases. Little did you know that the bell peppers used in these fajitas have a wealth of nutritional benefits as well.
Benefits of Bell Peppers:
- Boost immunity
- Reduce the risk of disease
- Supports eye health
#1: Rich in Vitamins
When it comes to Vitamin C, most people think of oranges, but one serving of red bell peppers actually contains more than double the amount of the daily recommended allowance. People with high amounts of vitamin C in their systems are less likely to get sick or contract diseases. Bell peppers are also rich in Vitamin A which is essential in fighting everything from the common cold to a serious disease like cancer.
#2: High in Carotenoids
Bell peppers are a great source of antioxidants which help reduce oxidation in your cells. Eating foods high in antioxidants has been shown to greatly reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease. Red peppers specifically contain high quantities of antioxidants beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
In addition to fighting disease, antioxidants also support healthy eyes. Lutein and zeaxanthin can help protect degeneration of eyes, reduce eye fatigue, and can help reduce light sensitivity. Lutein will also help filter out specific UV light which has been known to cause blindness in older adults.
With all of the benefits grass fed beef has to offer, plus all of the vitamins and antioxidants in bell peppers, this dish is a must. These fajitas will keep you in fat-burning ketosis and are so quick and easy to make. When you’re in a pinch to get dinner on the table on a busy day, be sure to remember this recipe.Print
Spicy Beef Keto Fajitas
One of the easiest skillet recipes you’ll ever come across, these spicy beef keto fajitas are perfect for a quick low carb meal any night of the week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb grass fed steak (sliced into strips)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add more as desired for spice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or pan over high heat, add 1 tbsp of oil, and let heat up for a couple of minutes.
- Add the steak to the pan and fry on each side for about 3-5 minutes or longer. Remove the steak from the pan and allow to rest.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan over high heat, add in the onions and bell peppers. Let the veggies begin to sizzle and toss as necessary, cook for a total of 2-3 minutes.
- Add meat back in along with all of the spices and garlic. Cook until desired tenderness on the veggies.
- Remove from heat and pour on lime juice. Toss to coat. Serve with keto tortillas or on top of a bed of greens.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 5g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: keto fajitas