Tired of missing out on your favorite high carb Asian cuisine? Sure, you can eat sashimi, but it’s just not the same as sushi with that extra crispy texture. Whether you were planning on going out to eat or staying in for a quiet night, this Spicy Tuna Keto Sushi Roll is just what you need to feel satiated and full while still maintaining ketosis.
With only six ingredients and no more than ten minutes of prep, you’ll be back to enjoying your favorite dish in no time. So what ingredients are used in this Spicy Tuna Keto Sushi Roll to make it keto friendly? The low carb rice substitute used in this sushi roll is none other than ol’ faithful — cauliflower rice.
A one-cup serving of cauliflower rice contains about 25 total calories, including two and a half grams of net carbs, two and a half grams of fiber, two grams of protein, and no significant amount of fat. These macronutrients are the perfect way to fill you up without getting kicked out of ketosis.
Another ingredient used in traditional sushi dishes includes a key keto-friendly snack, nori. Nori is an edible seaweed used in different Japanese cuisines that can be eaten fresh or dried in the form of thin sheets.
The Benefits of Nori
Besides its low calorie count, nori is also a great source of micronutrients. In fact, it’s been said that nori actually contains more vitamins and minerals than most fruits and vegetables out there today. Nori is abundant in vitamin B12, vitamin C, iron, calcium, and zinc.
With this Spicy Tuna Keto Sushi Roll, there’s no longer a reason to deprive yourself of your favorite Japanese cuisine. Grab these ingredients and throw them together in under ten minutes to recreate your favorite sushi roll.Print
Spicy Tuna Keto Sushi Roll
This Spicy Tuna Keto Sushi Roll is the perfect low carb dish to satiate that craving for your favorite Japanese cuisine.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 1/4 pound sushi grade ahi tuna
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Pinch of salt
- Sheet of nori
- Cut your tuna into a long tube, about ¼ inch thick, or into long pieces.
- Microwave your cauliflower rice for 1 minute, then wrap it in a kitchen towel to squeeze out the excess moisture. Transfer it to a bowl and mix with the mayo and sriracha.
- Lay a sheet of nori flat on the cutting board. Add the rice to the nori sheet and flatten it out along the first ¾ of the sheet in a flat, even mass.
- Lay your tuna strips along the top of the rice. Sprinkle with salt. Then roll the nori sheet with rice up and over the tuna, tucking it in with your finger tips and rolling forward with even pressure until you reach the plain nori. Wet your fingers and moisten the nori to make it sticky, and finish the roll by sealing it shut with the wet nori.
- Use a sharp knife to cut your sushi roll into slices.
- Serve with fresh grated ginger, gluten free tamari, and sesame seeds to garnish!
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 28g
Keywords: spicy tuna keto sushi roll