Rachel Gregory is a Board-Certified Nutritionist specializing in the science/application of the ketogenic diet for weight loss, performance and overall health
Are you new to the keto diet in search of a warm, gooey treat to satiate that sweet tooth craving? Or maybe you’re just looking for a low carb dessert to bring to your next friend or family gathering. No matter what the situation calls for, there’s no doubt that these almond flour brownies (flavored with delicious and nutritious chocolate collagen) are the perfect dessert dish.
This brownie recipe makes up a total of 16 servings — sure to provide a large group with all the healthy fats and amino acids they need to stay satiated for the rest of the day. What are the advantages of adding Perfect Keto Chocolate Collagen to your favorite recipes?
Collagen is required to form and heal every tissue in the body. Collagen is produced by the body via breaking down amino acids from different foods rich in protein. The main amino acids found in collagen include glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline.
Collagen provides support to several different functions in the body. It helps improve skin, nail, hair, muscle, tendon, joint, bone, eye, gut, heart, and brain health. It’s important to supplement with collagen due to the natural deterioration of collagen as the body ages.
Another main ingredient of these chocolate collagen brownies is one of the top low carb substitutes of flour out there today — almond flour. As you can probably guess, almond flour offers many of the same benefits as almonds do. Some of these benefits include improving cholesterol levels, maintaining healthy blood sugar, improving heart health, and improving overall energy levels.
When it comes to different low carb flour substitutes, almond flour contains the least amount of carbs and fiber per serving, making it one of the top flours to bake with when looking to make a low carb or keto dish.
The next time you’re at a loss for what dish to bring to your upcoming gathering, give these chocolate collagen brownies a shot. While they are a tasty low carb or keto treat, they also provide many health benefits to any individual, no matter what lifestyle they may lead. Pick up the ingredients the next time you’re at your local grocery store and start gaining all the health benefits of these chocolate collagen brownies.
Ooey Gooey Keto Almond Flour Brownies
These almond flour brownies are the perfect keto treat. Featuring Perfect Keto Chocolate Collagen, this dish is a sweet, indulgent, nutritional powerhouse.
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 16
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 6 scoops Perfect Keto Chocolate Collagen (~ 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp Swerve
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla hemp milk (or almond/macadamia/coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp brewed coffee, cold (optional but brings out chocolate flavor)
- 1/8 cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with butter or coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (first 6 on the list). Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and almond butter and microwave for 10-15 seconds or until melted.
- Add butter/almond butter mixture, eggs, vanilla extract, hemp milk, and coffee to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish and spread evenly. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18 – 22 minutes or until center is not jiggly and toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: almond flour brownies