If you’re a matcha-lover, you’ll find there are more ways to enjoy matcha on keto besides lattes. These completely decadent coconut matcha truffles are living proof. They’re packed with all the healthy keto-friendly fats you need to stay in ketosis along with immune-boosting benefits.
The main ingredients in these truffles include:
The naturally bright green color of matcha is certainly enamoring, but this type of green tea is not all looks. Matcha has been shown to be helpful in everything from fighting cancer to boosting weight loss.
3 Benefits of Matcha Green Tea
#1: It’s Packed With Antioxidants
One of the reasons why matcha green tea has been used for hundreds of years in Eastern medicine is due to its high concentration of antioxidants.
Certain plant compounds like catechins and polyphenols found in matcha help reduce oxidative stress, lower inflammation, combat cancer, lower your risk of cancer, and promote healthy weight loss.
#2: Lowers “Bad” Cholesterol (LDL)
Recent studies have found regular consumption of green tea may help lower LDL cholesterol, which significantly reduces your risk of heart disease and stroke. The antioxidants in green tea also block the oxidation of “bad” LDL cholesterol and increase the “good” HDL cholesterol.
#3: It’s A Brain Booster
Matcha contains high amounts of L-theanine. This amino acid increases GABA neurotransmitters in the brain, which exert a calming effect on your body, helps maintain focus, and relieve stress and anxiety.
If you’re new to matcha or a loyal devotee, these truffles are a tasty, keto-friendly way to enjoy it. It’s easy to adjust the strength and taste of the matcha simply adding more or less powder as desired. Another bonus is these truffles require no bake time and only a few minutes to whip up.Print
Luscious Coconut Matcha Truffles
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- 4oz cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons golden Lakanto or keto friendly sweetener of choice
- 2 scoops Perfect Keto Matcha MCT oil powder
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1–2 tablespoon melted coconut butter
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT melted coconut butter to a medium sized bowl or stand mixer. Mix for 1-2 minutes until a dough forms. Let sit 1 minute. Mix one more time.
- Divide and portion. Form truffles into balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or tray. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Remove from fridge and drizzle with melted coconut butter.
- Calories: 103
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 1g
- Protein: 1g