Something magical happened when peanut butter met chocolate. This combination of flavors and textures has wowed dessert seekers for decades — and continues to do so. How many ways can we enjoy chocolate and peanut butter? The options seem endless, but peanut butter balls are one of the easiest and most tasty ways to go. Peanut butter balls are basically the fancy truffle version of Reese peanut butter cups. This keto version of the popular no-bake treat cuts the carbohydrates, boosts the fat and eliminates any sneaky gluten-containing ingredients. Enjoy your peanut butter balls right out of the freezer, or let them warm up a bit (but not too much or they’ll melt).
These no-bake peanut butter balls are:
The main ingredients are:
- Perfect Keto Chocolate Collagen powder
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter bar (roughly chopped)
- Creamy peanut butter
Optional additional ingredients:
Health Benefits of Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Rich In Antioxidants
These delicious peanut butter balls not only satisfy a sweet tooth, but they’re loaded with antioxidants that can positively impact a range of systems in your body. Chocolate, especially dark chocolate, is an excellent source of antioxidants. In fact, cocoa contains more phenolic antioxidants than most other foods. Epicatechin, one specific antioxidant found in chocolate, is especially helpful in improving heart health through its regulation of nitric oxide. In addition, other antioxidants found in chocolate can support healthy inflammation levels as well as immune function[*]. Monk fruit is another source of antioxidants, namely mogrosides. Mogrosides can support blood glucose control by enhancing the secretion of insulin[*][*].
Great Source Of CLA
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a fatty acid that’s found in abundance in butter. Among the health benefits associated with CLA are[*][*][*]:
- Weight maintenance (CLA has been found to help overweight people shed unwanted pounds)
- Enhanced immune function (CLA can help regulate antibody activity)
- Reduction in inflammation (CLA has been shown to reduce inflammatory markers like C-reactive protein)
This recipe is not shy on the butter, so you can be sure you’re getting a good hit of CLA with every bite.
Browse our curated collection of fan-favorites and discover your new favorite snack or supplement.Shop Best Sellers
Peanut Butter Balls
Are you ready to get started on this peanut butter balls recipe? Grab a bowl and your ingredients, and let’s go. Begin by adding collagen, smooth peanut butter, butter, and sweetener to a large bowl or small food processor. Mix until ingredients are well combined, then stir in the chopped Perfect Keto bar.
Using a small cookie scoop, divide peanut butter mixture and roll into small 1-inch balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Put into the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
Make the chocolate coating by adding dark chocolate and coconut oil to a small bowl and melt chocolate mixture in the microwave on high in 20-second increments. Coat each ball with melted chocolate and return to the baking sheet. And finally, refrigerate or freeze to harden.
Tips For Making Peanut Butter Balls
- If you prefer not to use a microwave, you can heat your chocolate in a pan or double boiler. Also, if you notice the chocolate getting cool or thickening, reheat before you continue dipping.
- Feel free to decorate your balls with sugar-free sprinkles, sea salt, a powdered sugar replacement (like Swerve), or shredded coconut.
- Use a toothpick to dip the balls, and then place on the parchment paper, gently rolling the edges of the balls so the chocolate doesn’t pool.
- Don’t make the mistake of dipping the dough before it has hardened a bit in the freezer. At room temperature, the balls may fall apart.
- If you prefer buckeyes, simply follow the same recipe, just leave a little circle at the top open instead of completely covering in chocolate.
- You don’t have to stick to dark chocolate if you want to mix things up, you can also try white chocolate or milk chocolate.
- Be sure to use creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy peanut butter. There’s a time and a place for crunchy peanut butter — this is not it.
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- 2 scoops Perfect Keto Chocolate Collagen Powder
- 1 Perfect Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter bar (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (make sure to get natural peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- ½ cup powdered stevia or monk fruit
- 8 ounces no sugar added dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Add collagen, peanut butter, butter, and sweetener to a medium sized bowl or small food processor. Mix until ingredients are well combined. Stir in chopped Perfect Keto bar.
- Using a small scoop, divide dough and roll into small balls. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Put into the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Make chocolate coating by adding dark chocolate and coconut oil to a small bowl. Microwave on high in 20 second increments until melted.
- Coat each ball with melted chocolate and return to the baking sheet. Place in the fridge or freezer to harden.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 93
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 2g (net. 1g)
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: Peanut Butter Balls Recipe