What is MCT Oil?
MCT stands for medium-chain triglycerides. You may also see them called MCFAs (medium-chain fatty acids).
They’re “medium” because they only have 6-10 carbon atoms (as opposed to long-chain triglycerides, which contain more than 12). MCTs are a form of saturated fatty acids and consist of four different types based on their carbon length. MCTs are the ideal source of energy because they don’t rely on other enzymes for absorption in your body.
MCT oil is made from pure MCTs extracted from whole foods, usually coconut and/or palm oil.
NOTE: Perfect Keto’s MCT oil products are all derived from coconut, not palm oil.
MCTs are a much faster source of energy than most fats, making them the ultimate keto-approved fat source.
When your body uses ketones as its main source of fuel instead of glucose (from carbs), it can enter and remain in a state of ketosis.
MCT oil is powerful because it helps make those ketones readily available for your body to use, making ketosis easier to achieve and maintain.
Unlike most other foods, the two MCTs used in MCT oil are swiftly absorbed and metabolized as energy in your body, making them the perfect fuel. Because they’re efficiently burned, saturated fats and MCT oil in particular have two positive effects on weight:
- No fat storage. MCTs don’t get stored as fat in your body; they’re all turned into ketones.
- Higher calorie burn. MCTs have have a thermogenic effect (burning calories to create heat). This fat-burning process results in a metabolism boost.
There are 4 reasons why MCT oil can be burned as fuel so effectively:
- MCTs reach your liver quickly. They don’t have to go through peripheral tissues first, like LCTs (long-chain triglycerides) do.
- MCTs don’t have to be broken down into smaller molecules. Unlike long-chain fats, the body can absorb MCTs more efficiently due to the size of their carbon bonds.
- MCTs cross the double membrane of the mitochondria quickly (the energy “factory” of the cell).
- MCTs don’t need the presence of an enzyme called carnitine to be converted to energy, like LCTs do.
MCTs can be quickly converted into ketones because they need fewer steps to be metabolized in your cells. MCT oil provides the most effective MCTs that turn into energy faster.
Consuming MCT oil (like Perfect Keto MCT Oil) has been shown to…
- Raise the metabolic rate at which your body functions — leading to greater weight loss and health outcomes[*][*][*]
- Help keep a healthy balance of gut flora and improve the absorbability of nutrients[*]
- Have a strong blood sugar stabilizing effect that may help reduce inflammation and improve brain function[*].
Perfect Keto MCT Oil comes in two forms: 100% C8, and 70% C8 / 30% C10.
100% C8 MCT Oil is made from a shorter chain molecule than C10 and C12, which means it converts into ketones more efficiently. However, 70% C8 / 30% C10 MCT Oil may be the better option for those with a history of stomach concerns, as it’s easier to digest (and more affordable!).
Chances are, you’re reading this guide because you just received a shipment of Perfect Keto MCT Oil and aren’t sure how to use it. These next sections will help!