When you’re eating a high-fat keto diet, it’s easy to go overboard on the avocados and almond butter. Finding easy keto recipes that can keep your carbs low and your interest high is essential.
Keto fat bomb recipes are the perfect intersection between a snack and a dessert. They’re low-carb, decadent, and loaded with satiating fats. Plus, they’re easy to transport as a high-fat snack throughout your day (just make sure it’s not too hot out).
Most fat bombs are made with ingredients like cream cheese, peanut butter, and dark chocolate. While there’s certainly a time and a place for a chocolate peanut butter fat bomb — these patriotic treats take a different approach.
Loaded with berries and coconut oil, this delightful low-carb recipe is the perfect Fourth of July treat.
These delicious keto treats are:
The main ingredients are:
Optional additional ingredients
3 Health Benefits of These Red White and Blue Fat Bombs
#1: Can Help Curb Hunger
Fat bombs are a great keto-friendly way to satisfy your hunger. They taste amazing, and they’re full of satiating fats — it’s the perfect combo.
These keto snacks, however, have an extra hunger-curbing trick up their sleeve.
Your body metabolizes MCTs (medium-chain fatty acids) differently than other fatty acids. Instead of traveling through your lymphatic system, they go straight to your liver where they’re taken up as fuel.
In one study, when long-chain fatty acids were replaced with MCTs, the participants consumed significantly fewer calories and lost weight. This is likely because they were satiated much faster[*].
#2: Antioxidant Rich
Berries are a fantastic source of antioxidants, and blueberries are exceptionally high in anthocyanins, a polyphenol that gives them their dark blue color[*].
Due to their high polyphenol (and anthocyanin) content, blueberries are said to be cardioprotective, reducing your risk for heart disease.
Research shows that consuming blueberries can have a positive effect on your blood pressure. Antioxidants in blueberries may also protect your LDL cholesterol from oxidation.
These two factors play significant roles in the progression of heart disease, and getting ahead of them may be critical preventative steps[*].
The ketogenic diet is known to help with inflammation. Part of its anti-inflammatory effect likely comes from what you’re omitting from your diet — processed carbs and sugar.
However, there’s another essential aspect of being in ketosis that may also be calming your inflammatory pathways, and that’s the ketones themselves.
As you may know, when you switch from burning glucose to burning fat, your body begins to create more ketones and relies less on glucose for fuel. These energy molecules seem to have an impact on certain inflammatory pathways in your body.
Specifically, it looks like the ketone body beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB), which is the most abundant ketone your body produces, works by reducing the impact of inflammatory molecules.
Non-coincidentally, the exogenous ketone blend in this recipe is made with BHB. That means you’re potentially loading your body up with anti-inflammatory molecules when you bite into these delicious fat bombs[*].
Red White and Blue Fat Bombs Recipe
The Fourth of July is one of those holidays that can quickly get out of hand with ice cream, cheesecake, and sugary cocktails.
If you want to get ahead of the carb onslaught, you have to come prepared with your own keto desserts.
Add some red, white, and blue to your holiday barbeque table and watch as both kids and adults go back for seconds.
The best part about these festive fat bombs is that they’re vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and dairy-free. So no matter who you’re spending your holiday with, they should fit into most people’s diets.Print
Red White and Blue Fat Bombs Recipe
These sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, red, white, and blue fat bombs for the fourth of July make the perfect keto dessert. Easy keto snacks with a patriotic twist.
- Total Time: 10 minutes + freezing time
- Yield: 12 fat bombs 1x
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Exogenous Ketone Base Vanilla
- 1 ½ cup melted coconut butter (divided into ½ cup measurements)
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (divided into 1 tablespoon measurements)
- ¾ cup coconut milk (divided into ¼ cup measurements)
- 3 tablespoons stevia (divided into 1 tablespoon measurements)
- Prepare molds by adding paper liners to a muffin pan.
- To make the blue layer, add ½ cup of melted coconut butter, blueberries, ¼ cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of milk to a high-speed blender. Mix on high until completely smooth. Divide and pour into the bottom of each paper liner. Place in freezer while you prepare next layer. Clean your blender out.
- To make the white layer, add ½ cup of melted coconut butter, Perfect Keto Vanilla Base, ¼ cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of milk to a high-speed blender. Mix on high until completely smooth. Remove the pan from freezer and divide and pour white layer on the top of the blue layer. Place in freezer while you prepare the next layer. Clean your blender out.
- To make the red layer, add ½ cup of melted coconut butter, raspberries, ¼ cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of milk to a high-speed blender. Mix on high until completely smooth. Remove pan from freezer and divide and pour red layer on the top of the white layer.
- Place pan back in the freezer for 1-2 hours until set.
- Serving Size: 1 fat bomb
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: red white & blue fat bombs