In most cases, traditional ramen would be out of the question on a ketogenic meal plan, but rest assured you will never have to go without this warm and cozy soup ever again. Replacing the noodles with veggies or shirataki noodles will help reduce those carbs and keep you in a fat burning ketosis mode. A huge bonus to making this dish right in your own home is you can control ingredients, making this one of the healthiest bowls of soup you will ever have.
Some of the ingredients in this dish are:
- Bone broth
- Chili Paste
One of the reasons why this ramen is so healthful is the use of bone broth as the base. This specific type of broth is made up of a very specific type of collagen only found within bones and connective tissues.
What are the health benefits of collagen?
#1 Leaky Gut
The abundant collagen found within bone broth can help improve symptoms of leaky gut and digestive issues such as IBS. Amino acids such as proline and glycine heal damaged cell walls found within the stomach lining. When these gaps are sealed, inflammation and bacteria in the stomach is reduced.
#2 Healthy Skin
Collagen is responsible for the formation of elastin and other compounds within the skin that keep it looking youthful. It can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and reduce the signs of aging.
#3 Joint Health
Collagen is found within all bones, joints, skin, tendons, cartilage, and bone marrow. As we age, cartilage begins to break down. The collagen found within bone broth will help replenish and restore that cartilage. The amino acids found within collagen helps reduce pain, inflammation, and better joint mobility.
So the next time a recipe calls for some type of stock for the liquid, replace it with bone broth as this recipe has done. You will reap far more nutritional benefits and your dishes will have a much deeper and rich flavor.. Also, the addition of vegetables, spices, and seasonings in this ramen make this one of the healthiest bowls of soup you will ever have. It is easily customizable and works well as meal to use up vegetables that are on the verge of spoiling.Print
30 Minute Spicy Keto Ramen Bowl
The easiest keto ramen bowl you will ever make — right in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 cups
- Category: Soups and Stews
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 oz mushrooms (sliced thin)
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2-3 packets shirataki noodles (or 4-5 cups of zucchini noodles)
- 5 cups bone broth
- In a large stock pot, add oil and heat under medium fire. Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot (except eggs and noodles). Simmer under low-medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove noodles from package and rinse very well under cold water.
- Adjust seasoning to broth. Stir in noodles.
- Portion and divide broth into bowls. Add cut hard boiled eggs, sliced chicken or beef, cilantro, sesame seeds, chopped green onion, and extra chili sauce if desired.
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: green onions, sesame seeds, micro greens, avocado, cilantro, sliced carrots, red peppers, bok choy, seaweed flakes, etc.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 103
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 7g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: keto ramen