Are you new to the ketogenic diet but find yourself struggling on the search for low carb alternatives to foods you always used to eat? For some individuals, simply replacing the current foods in your diet with substitutes that are keto friendly and include quality ingredients is a key way to stay on track with your goals. Needless to say, this will help you maintain a ketogenic state as well.
One of the more popular high carb snacks you see in stores today is crackers. A rather large majority of the population eats some sort of variation of crackers on a daily basis, whether it be during their leisurely hours or for an event.
So, how can you make this infamous snack low carb friendly? Try making your own.
These Crunchy Chia Seed Crackers in particular are not only low carb, but they’re loaded with incredible health benefits as well. As the foundation of this snack, chia seeds provide a key source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, iron, calcium, and even important antioxidants.
The next time you’re at a loss as to what snack or side to bring to your next group gathering, whip up these Crunchy Chia Seed Crackers as a fulfilling, satiating treat that anyone at the party can enjoy!Print
Crunchy Chia Seed Crackers
These tasty chia seed crackers are a great low carb substitute to your favorite snack, packing all the volume without the carbs or unnecessary calories.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 35 crackers 1x
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Coarse salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- To a mixing bowl, add almond flour, chia seeds, and salt. Whisk together until fully incorporated.
- To bowl of dry ingredients, add beaten egg and knead mixture together using hands.
- Spray two pieces of parchment paper with cooking spray. Lay one piece down, spray side up, placing dough in center. Lay the other piece down, spray side down so it touches the dough, and lightly press down.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a very thin layer.
- Remove and discard top piece of parchment paper. Carefully slide a baking tray beneath the parchment paper with dough on top.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into desired size of crackers.
- Sprinkle coarse salt and black pepper to top of dough.
- Bake crackers for 15 minutes.
- Remove crackers from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before breaking apart.
- Serving Size: 5 crackers
- Calories: 118
- Fat: 8.6g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2g (Net Carbs: 1.9g)
- Protein: 4.6g
Keywords: Chia Seed Crackers