What could possibly be better than a low-carb, high-fat, and completely satiating meal that includes both cheese and bacon?! This Loaded Cauliflower Bake is a perfect game day party meal option or for a night in with the family. This recipe is sure to become a household staple and is ready in under an hour!
Green onions provide 9 milligrams of Vitamin C per half cup serving. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that protects your cells and promotes healthy tissue growth. The high Vitamin C content contributes to help lower high cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Both Vitamin C and Vitamin K aid in strengthening bones as Vitamin C synthesizes collagen, and Vitamin K maintains bone density.
Green onions also contain potassium, calcium, phosphorous, and sulfur, all of which play a role in the following health benefits that green onions offer.
- Promotes heart health
- Improves bone density
- Maintains normal vision
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Great for skin
- Natural remedy for colds
- Reduces stress and tiredness
Green onions can reach about 20 inches in height. They’ve been used as a popular remedy in Asian folk medicine for thousands of years. In addition, Eastern herbalists commonly use green onions to fight against colds, headaches, indigestion, and insomnia.
We don’t call this a loaded recipe for nothing! The next time you want an extra boost of nutrition for your salads, omelets or stir-fries, you’ll know what to reach for.Print
Loaded Cauliflower Bake
This loaded cauliflower bake is a great low-carb, high-fat dish when you want to enjoy a comforting, wholesome meal without being thrown out of ketosis.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch cauliflower florets for 2 minutes. Drain cauliflower.
- In a medium pot, melt together butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper until well-combined.
- In a baking dish, add cauliflower florets, cheese sauce, all but 1 tbsp. crumbled bacon, and all but 1 tbsp. green onions. Stir together.
- Top with remaining shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onions.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and golden and cauliflower is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 498
- Fat: 45
- Carbohydrates: 5.8 (Net: 4.1)
- Protein: 13.9
Keywords: loaded cauliflower bake