EDIT: We added keto-friendly sweetener to this recipe on April 26, 2019.
Have your cake and eat it, too. This keto-friendly vanilla pound cake will become a staple in your dessert rotation. With its rich vanilla flavor and only 3 grams of net carbs per slice, you can rest assured that you will remain in ketosis with this sweet treat.
Some of the ingredients in this cake:
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Perfect Keto Vanilla Grass Fed Collagen (with MCT)
Sometimes baking can be difficult on a ketogenic diet. Most traditional recipes for cake and baked goods are made with plain white flour. This type of flour not only contains wheat, but also too many carbs that will kick you out of ketosis. Fortunately there are a couple of alternative options that are perfectly keto friendly, and actually good for us: almond flour and coconut flour. This recipe combines the two options leaving this loaf with a rich, cake-like texture.
Why use almond flour?
Almond flour is gluten and grain free, low carb with only 3 grams of net carbs per serving, it is inexpensive and can be made at home using whole almonds ground in a food processor or blender. It also has nutritional benefits such as improving heart health, controlling blood sugar, and is rich in vitamins and minerals.
Why use coconut flour?
Coconut flour is also gluten and grain free, low in carbs, extremely absorbent (so you need less in baked goods!), a good source of monounsaturated fats, can help to control blood sugar, and can also help with digestive health due to its rich fiber content.
The addition of the Perfect Keto Vanilla Grass Fed Collagen (with MCT) will not only add a rich vanilla flavor, but will also provide a wide variety of nutritional and health benefits. Collagen can help boost metabolism, help heal leaky gut, strengthen hair, nails, and teeth, reduce joint pain, protects the heart, and helps keep our skin looking fresh and youthful. It is such an easy ingredient to add to baked goods and will make a big difference when it comes to taste.
Go ahead and bake this cake right up. It is so simple and easy to prepare. Slice it fresh out of the oven, add a couple of tablespoons of velvety whipped cream, and possibly a few berries if you like. This cake is also wonderful served cold, right out of the fridge as well. Any way you slice it, you will not be disappointed.Print
Ultra-Moist Vanilla Keto Pound Cake
A moist and delicious keto pound cake that is easy to prepare with classic vanilla flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 scoops Perfect Keto Vanilla Collagen Powder
- 1/3 cup monk fruit or stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat an 8×4 loaf pan with nonstick spray, butter, or coconut oil. You can also add parchment paper to ensure the cake comes out properly.
- Add all dry ingredients to a medium-sized bowl (almond flour, coconut flour, collagen, baking powder, sweetener, and salt). Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, add eggs and vanilla. Beat on high for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Add in sour cream, melted butter, and milk. Beat on high for 30-45 seconds.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in 2 to 3 batches. Mix well until combined. Let sit for 2 minutes. Mix one more time on low speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until tops and edges are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center. Add additional baking time if needed.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 175
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: vanilla keto pound cake