Finding time to cook every meal can be tough, or impossible. We’re firm believers in setting yourself up for success with simple steps at the beginning of each week to help you stay on track with your health goals.
This keto chicken salad recipe is not only the ideal recipe to whip up during your meal prep for the week but is high in protein, filled with healthy fats and almost no carbohydrates to help you maintain those high energy levels and keep you in a ketogenic state.
One of the main ingredients in chicken salad is mayonnaise.
Mayo gets a bad rep. Most of the mayo you see sold in stores is made with undesirable oils such as vegetable oils or canola oil. These are two oils you should try to avoid. Mayo used with avocado oil or olive oil is a great source of healthy fats and tastes better, too.
Chicken provides a healthy source of protein if you’re finding yourself low on protein intake one day. You can make this meal fit perfectly within your macronutrient needs by either adding more chicken or more sources of healthy fats to make it an ideal low-carb, keto-friendly snack.
The salad doesn’t have to be limited to these ingredients alone. The beauty of salads is that you can add any vegetables you would like.
These ingredients, in particular, make one cup per serving size. One serving makes 279 calories in total with 19 grams of healthy fats, 25 grams of protein and less than one gram of net carbohydrates!
Keto Chicken Salad
Finding time to cook before every meal can be tough when life gets busy, which is why this Keto Chicken Salad is the perfect make-ahead, satiating meal! High in protein, filled with healthy fats, and low in carbohydrates, this is a dish that is sure to become a regular in your household!Print
Easy Keto Chicken Salad
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1.5 lb chicken breast
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake chicken breast until cooked throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and allow to cool. After completely cooled, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, celery, mayo, brown mustard, and salt. Toss until chicken is fully coated and ingredients are well-combined.
- Cover bowl with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 1-2 hours.
- When ready to serve, add fresh dill and chopped pecans and lightly toss. Serve chilled and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 279
- Fat: 19.4g
- Carbohydrates: 1.1g (Net: 0.4g)
- Protein: 24.8g