This recipe is sure to be a popular appetizer for your next gathering. Not only is it extremely flavorful, but it’s also amazingly easy to prepare. Although these low carb stuffed mushrooms do contain some protein, it’s not enough to kick someone on a ketogenic diet out of ketosis – which means you can enjoy this hearty, filling, and simple dish guilt-free!
Some of the ingredients in this dish are:
- Mozzarella cheese
Mushrooms have long been used to replicate a meaty texture in most vegetarian and vegan dishes (read more about being veggie on the keto diet here). What’s even better is that mushrooms contain such a vast array of nutritional and health benefits including boosting immunity, protecting the heart, and improving energy levels.
Why are mushrooms so healthy?
Mushrooms are a rich source of antioxidants and help fight free radicals in the body. Certain types of mushrooms have also been shown to increase the production of B vitamins and specific cells that target the immune system. This helps control viruses, toxins, and even inflammation.
#2 Heart Healthy
Many types of mushrooms contain compounds that can help lower LDL (bad cholesterol) and prevent the arteries from hardening. Mushrooms also help fight plaque build up in the heart which helps to maintain blood pressure and improve circulation.
Mushrooms are rich in vitamin B which helps helps support the adrenal glands. The nutrients found in your favorite fungi also help boost neurotransmitters in the brain, reduce stress, and can even help lower cortisol levels to keep your mood levels high!
The next time you are throwing a gathering or need a dish to bring to an event, give these cheesy low carb stuffed mushrooms a try. Even those who don’t think they like mushrooms will soon be coming back for seconds and thirds.Print
Cheesy, Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon
This recipe for low carb stuffed mushrooms is a quick and easy crowd-pleasing appetizer that will have your guests running back for more.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 14 stuffed mushrooms
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 4 thick slices bacon
- 3oz spinach (frozen, thawed, and drained)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1 large whole egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16oz baby bella mushrooms (stems removed, washed, and dried well)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add bacon to a pan and cook until browned and crispy. Remove from pan and crumble into small pieces. Reserve fat.
- Add cooled bacon fat and all ingredients except mushrooms and bacon to a large bowl. Mix well until smooth. Stir in 3/4 of the crumbled bacon.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the mixture and place in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the extra crumbled bacon on top.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed mushroom
- Calories: 178
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 1g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: low carb stuffed mushrooms