Are you craving pizza but tired of the same old cauliflower crust you see all the time? If you’re following the keto diet, chances are you’ve had your fair share of cauliflower rice and other low carb substitutes. However, there’s more variety out there than you may think.
Coconut flour is a great low carb substitute for flour that is perfect for dessert recipes, homemade tortillas, or even the warm, soft bite of heaven that is pizza crust. Whether thick or thin, deep dish or stuffed, nothing fills up your belly quite like our favorite pizza crust.
But coconut flour is more than just a great low carb alternative to white flour. It’s also high in fiber, helping improve the health of your digestive system as well as helping rid the body of any unwanted toxins. Along with improving the health of the digestive system, coconut flour also supports healthy blood sugar levels. This is due to its low glycemic index, which means consuming coconut flour does not cause a spike in insulin levels. Individuals with diabetes would especially benefit from this low carb flour as it’s a key component for their health to only consume foods with a low glycemic impact.
In fact, when it comes to coconut flour, a quarter of a cup comes to a total of only 120 calories. These calories include six grams of net carbs, ten grams of fiber, four grams of fat and four grams of protein. With these macros, this coconut flour pizza crust is the perfect go-to option for a keto pizza crust to ensure you maintain ketosis while keeping you satiated and fulfilled.
The next time you’re in a crunch for what to make for dinner, try this coconut flour pizza crust and watch it become your go-to dish!
Coconut Flour Pizza Crust
This coconut flour pizza crust is the perfect satiating, keto-friendly treat sure to satisfy your pizza craving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Neapolitan
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Liberally spray parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add coconut flour, parmesan cheese, avocado oil, flax seeds, eggs, Italian seasoning, cream of tartar, and baking soda, and mix together with electric mixer until fully incorporated.
- To bowl, add shredded mozzarella and cream cheese. Mix with electric mixer until well-combined.
- Spread mixture into an even layer onto prepared baking sheet. Shape into pizza dough.
- Bake dough for 18-20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Calories: 161
- Fat: 12.8g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4g (Net Carbs: 1.8g)
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: coconut flour pizza crust