When it comes to breakfast food, the limit does not exist. Nothing is off the menu. You can have pastries, eggs, meats, vegetables — the list is truly endless. So, what about creating a dish putting all of them together? Introducing: the dairy free keto quiche.
Quiche: we’ve all heard this fancy term thrown around in homes and restaurants alike. But what is it exactly and where did it come from? A quiche is traditionally a tart made with pastry crust that is filled with eggs, milk, cheese, meat, vegetables, or any other fillings you wish to add. Most individuals on keto see the word “pastry” and immediately think it’s off limits. However, this dairy free keto quiche is the perfect alternative to those carb-filled breakfast foods you crave.
What makes this keto quiche recipe so great is the ingredients that are sure to keep you safely in ketosis and under your carb limit for the day. Some of the key ingredients of this particular quiche include:
Having trouble choosing which flour to use? While both almond flour and coconut flour are great low carb alternatives to standard white flour, they do actually differ a little bit. Almond flour is higher in fats and overall calories than coconut flour, but it also has fewer carbs and fiber. Both options, however, are equally great for individuals looking for a gluten-free alternative (as well as a low glycemic index). This means that consumption of these flours won’t create a rapid insulin spike that is most often associated with high glycemic index foods or sugar.
When it comes to the filling of the quiche, full fat coconut milk can provide some incredible health benefits as well as contribute to a deliciously tasty texture. This recipe requires one whole cup of coconut milk, making it extremely abundant in vitamins and minerals such as manganese, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and potassium. It’s also rich in healthy fats — including a key fatty acid, lauric acid.
Are you tired of having the same breakfast over and over again? It’s time to get out of that boring routine and change it up. With dairy free keto quiche, you’ll get all the same tastes of a pastry-encrusted quiche without the damaging effects of the traditional ingredients. Pick up some coconut or almond flour and coconut milk the next time you’re at the store to start making this keto friendly breakfast.Print
Dairy Free Keto Quiche
This tasty, dairy free keto quiche is the perfect breakfast, packed with all the healthy fats you need to start your day off right.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes-40 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: French
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 8” springform pan.
- Mix the nut flour with the coconut oil, salt and eggs until a loose dough forms. Press this into the springform pan, bringing the crust up an inch on the sides.
- Poke holes in the crust with a fork. Place the spring form pan on a sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a blender combine all of the filling ingredients and blend until frothy.
- Open the oven and slowly pour the egg filling in to the crust. It might leak a little out of the spring form pan, that’s what the sheet pan is for.
- Add in cooked bacon or a handful of greens if you want.
- Lower the oven temp to 350F. and bake for 30-40 minutes until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool and slice!
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: dairy free keto quiche