What’s more comforting than the smell of a homemade apple pie baking in your kitchen? That nostalgic smell is hard to beat. For individuals following a low carb or keto diet, fitting any sort of pie or c rsp into your nutrition might seem absolutely impossible.
Have no fear, your dessert-less days just got a little bit sweeter. This Keto Pie Crust is made up of (only four) all natural ingredients including coconut flour, almond flour, eggs, and butter. Seems simple enough, right?
Besides helping you maintain a ketogenic state, there are many reasons one may want to opt for almond or coconut flour instead of a grain flour containing an abundant amount of carbs. With almond flour, you’re receiving many of the same benefits you would otherwise get from consuming raw almonds. The same goes for coconut flour. Coconut flour is the dried, ground up meat from the coconut.
Almond flour has been shown to improve heart health, improve cognitive function, improve skin health, help control blood sugar levels, improve nutrient absorption, improve digestion, and even help aid against inflammation. However, this flour isn’t the only low carb alternative sure to provide you with an abundant amount of health benefits. Coconut flour helps aid in metabolic function, improves digestive system function, and helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
Along with having a short list of ingredients, this Keto Pie Crust is also the perfect crust for any keto dessert, considering it’s only one and a half grams of net carbs per serving.
Running out of ideas for a keto friendly dessert? Try this pie crust in a combination of a number of different low carb recipes to satiate that sweet tooth.Print
Flaky Keto Pie Crust
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 slices
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 7 tbsp butter
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour and coconut flour.
- Cut the butter into small squares and add it to the dry ingredients. Press the butter into the flour using two forks until it’s mixed as best you can.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer on high and then pour it into the flour to mix.
- Blend by hand until you get a dough-like consistency.
- Ball it together with your hands and wrap it tightly with cling wrap. Store in the fridge or freezer for about an hour.
- After about an hour, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Carefully transfer the flattened dough to a pie-shaped baking pan.
- Poke dough with fork randomly to perforate crust.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges become brown.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 10.4g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4g (Net Carbs: 1.5g)
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 3.4g