These savory sausage balls make for the perfect portable ketogenic breakfast that will leave your stomach feeling completely happy and satisfied. They are also a wonderful option for batch cooking and meal prep. Just make a batch at the beginning of your next work week and you will be able to enjoy hassle-free breakfasts. The recipe only requires some spices and a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
The main ingredients are:
- Ground turkey or ground pork
- Coconut flour
Often times on a ketogenic diet, it is easy to fall into an eating pattern with the same meals day after day. This ongoing repetitiveness and boredom with food seems to also be a reason why people revert back to old eating habits. The key to any way of eating though is keep things fresh and new. Using simple and delicious recipes like these savory sausage balls can help break up those boring weekday breakfasts and help you save the time of worrying about what you are going to eat. Utilizing batch cooking and meal prep can often help keep you on track and prevent any dietary slip ups as well. Not only that, the ingredients used in this simple recipe are so easy to find and readily accessible at any regular grocery store.
When thinking about batch cooking and meal prep, it is always a good idea to come up with a plan ahead of time. Take a few minutes on Saturday morning and think about what flavors you might be craving. Do you want something sweet? Do you prefer salty and savory dishes? Look on Pinterest for some ideas and inspiration and then come up with a plan you can easily tackle. Once you have a few ideas in mind, print out your recipes, write out your shopping list, grab whatever you need from the store, and then on Sunday, take an hour or two to prepare a few dishes for the week.
Reasons to meal prep:
- Save time- preparing meals and ingredients ahead of time will take the worry and bother out of decision making. You can rest assured that at least one of your meals for the day will be ready to go when you are. In approximately the same amount it would take to prepare one meal for yourself, you could have 5-7 meals prepped.
- Save money- having at least one of your meals prepared each week will prevent you from having to buy food elsewhere on the go. One high-quality and nutritious meal can easily run well over $10. That amount on its own may not seem like much, but over the course of the weeks, months, and year, that number can add up rather quickly.
- Quality- when you prepare your own food and meals, you know exactly what the ingredients are. There is no chance of any hidden carbs, overdoing protein, or eating anything that might cause an issue staying in ketosis.
The next time you find yourself bored of the same ketogenic breakfast you have day after day, week after week give these savory keto sausage balls a try. Because they reheat and taste just as amazing as when they come fresh out of the oven, throw them into your next meal prep routine. They are great paired with some scrambled eggs, mixed greens, or even plain spinach.Print
Savory Breakfast Keto Sausage Balls
These Savory Breakfast Keto Sausage Balls are the perfect accompaniment – or even the main star! – for your next breakfast.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 28 balls 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Southern
- 1 lb ground turkey or pork
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon breakfast seasoning blend (1/2 tsp each sage, thyme, parsley, nutmeg)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brown ground meat in a large pan under medium heat. Let cool.
- Add all dry ingredients to a small bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Add eggs to a bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat eggs on high for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Drizzle in melted butter. Turn mixer to low and slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Stir in cooked ground meat and cheddar cheese. Mix well until evenly distributed.
- Using a small cookie scoop, divide and portion sausage balls and place onto prepared baking sheet. Cook for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 1g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: breakfast keto sausage balls