Unless you happen to be French, most people would not even consider crepes as a meal option on their keto meal plan.
Even fewer people would think that low carb crepes were even possible on a keto diet — but they are. This crepe recipe is extremely versatile, easy, and perfect for breakfast. Enjoy a sweet crepe with a few berries and a drizzle of coconut butter or a savory crepe filled with scrambled eggs and low carb vegetables. Your filling ingredients can be as simple or as elaborate as you like.
The main ingredients in these low carb crepes include:
- Perfect Keto Vanilla Collagen
- Almond flour
- Almond milk
3 Benefits of Almond Flour
#1: Improves Heart Health
Almonds are a great source of monounsaturated fat. This type of healthy fat helps you maintain balanced cholesterol levels and keeps blood vessels functioning properly. Almonds also contain vitamin E and other antioxidants which are key for reducing oxidative stress in your cells.
#2: Energy Booster
One of the best reasons to eat almonds on a keto diet is they contain a great combo of macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals. All together, these compounds give your body sustained energy. The healthy fat in nuts and nut flours also help keep you more satiated.
When almonds are used for flour instead of wheat or grains, you’ll have a dose of healthy fats (56g per cup) plus minerals such as magnesium, potassium and calcium. You’ll also get 24g of protein, 12g of dietary fiber, and only 12g of net carbs per cup too.
Keto friendly, nutrient dense, and fueling your body with amazing benefits — what else can you ask crepes for? Next time you want something fun for breakfast, make a big batch of these basic crepes. It may even feel like you are having dessert for breakfast.
The Best Almond Flour Low Carb Crepes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 crepes
- 4 whole large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk or unsweetened milk choice
- 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon golden Lakanto or keto friendly sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoon butter or ghee
Optional: 1 scoop Perfect Keto Vanilla Collagen PLUS 3 extra tablespoons of almond milk
- Add eggs and milk to a stand mixer, large bowl, or blender. Whip for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Slowly sprinkle in almond flour, and salt. Set aside
- Preheat a non-stick pan or crepe pan and coat with a little butter or non stick spray, place under low to medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan and gently swirl to an even circle shape. Cook for 1-2 minutes until golden brown, flip and cook for an additional 1 minute. Total cook time will depend on how large and thick you make your crepe
- Enjoy a sweet filling with whipped heavy cream and berries or make a savory crepe with whipped cream cheese, eggs, veggies, etc
Nutritional facts are for crepes only and does not include fillings or toppings you choose
- Serving Size: 1 crepe
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g