Everyone loves easy recipes, but they often leave much to be desired when it comes to flavor and satisfaction. This healthy smoothie recipe is made with just five simple ingredients, and it will leave you and your taste buds satisfied for hours.
Can a keto shake include bananas? Well, not quite.
Instead of adding fresh bananas or frozen bananas to this smoothie, you’ll get your hit of banana from a delicious Perfect Keto Banana Bread Bar. Add to this the Perfect Keto Strawberry Collagen Protein Powder, and you have a full meal that you can whip up in less than five minutes.
This strawberry banana smoothie is:
The main ingredients are:
Optional additional ingredients
Health Benefits of This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Promotes Glowing Complexion
This delicious smoothie is an excellent choice if your focus is on skin health. Why? Because its ingredients are tailor-made for supporting collagen production.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body, and it supports the scaffolding under your skin that helps it look tight, hydrated, and wrinkle-free.
The first, and most obvious ingredient, would be the collagen itself. Research shows that when you take a collagen supplement, it can enhance your skin’s texture and appearance by increasing elasticity and hydration. This makes your complexion looks less rough and more bright and healthy[*].
The second ingredient is strawberries. While they may not directly contribute any collagen protein, they’re a rich source of vitamin C, which is a vital nutrient for collagen production[*].
Rich In Antioxidants
Strawberries offer a range of antioxidant compounds, with one of the most notable being ellagic acid (EA). Ellagic acid is a polyphenol compound that’s been found to be protective against some chronic diseases due to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and prebiotic qualities[*].
What’s more, researchers believe that EA may assist with metabolic health by mediating complications like insulin resistance, obesity, and atherosclerosis[*].
Keto Strawberry Banana Smoothie
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Whipping up this smoothie couldn’t be easier.
Start by adding the Perfect Keto Strawberry Collagen Powder, unsweetened milk of choice, heavy cream, and strawberries to your blender and mix on high until smooth.
Next, chop up your Perfect Keto Banana Bread Bar and sprinkle it on top. Add some whipped cream and extra strawberries if you have them on hand, and you’re ready to enjoy.
If you want to mix things up a bit, check out these options:
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Variations:
- To enhance the creamy texture, you can add in some avocado or Greek yogurt.
- You have lots of options when it comes to your milk of choice. Full-fat dairy milk works just fine for those that can tolerate dairy. However, if you’re dairy-free, you can choose from almond milk, coconut milk, coconut cream, macadamia nut milk, or any other milk that’s free of sweeteners. Although you’ll have to be careful adding in extra frozen fruit or fresh fruit, you can have a field day with veggies. Enjoy some green leafy vegetables, some cauliflower, or even some fresh or frozen broccoli. These veggies add a boost of nutrients without throwing off the flavor too much.
Keto Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This strawberry banana smoothie is made with simple ingredients like frozen strawberries, collagen protein powder, full-fat cream, and unsweetened almond milk.
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Add all ingredients (except bar) to a high-speed blender and mix on high until smooth. Add ice if desired.
- Top with whipped cream, extra strawberries, and sprinkle with pieces of the Perfect Keto Banana bread bar
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 14g(8g net)
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 17g
Keywords: Keto Strawberry Banana Smoothie