Protein shakes come in all shapes and sizes. Some shakes feel more like a chore to choke down (thank you, kale), while others taste like a big bowl of ice cream. This keto smoothie recipe gives you the benefits of the former while providing the enjoyment of the latter.
And if you’re a fan of the strawberry flavor, this just may become your new favorite keto breakfast.
While most protein shakes only taste good because they’re loaded with sugar from fruit, honey, etc. — this strawberry smoothie recipe comes in with a carb count of only four net carbs.
You can use it as an on-the-go meal, an afternoon snack, a post-workout shake, or even dress it up with some keto whipped cream and serve it as a dessert.
This low-carb strawberry smoothie is:
- Perfect Keto Strawberry Collagen Powder
- Perfect Keto Macadamia Vanilla nut butter
- Unsweetened milk of choice
Optional additional ingredients:
- Dairy-free unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk
- Chia seeds
- Fresh strawberries
- MCT oil
Health Benefits of This Strawberry Collagen Protein Shake
Supports Joint Health
Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body. Among its many functions, collagen plays a crucial role in the health of your joints. As you age, your collagen levels naturally begin to decline. For athletes that put their bones, muscles, and joints to use frequently, collagen maintenance can also become an issue.
While your body has the ability to produce collagen on its own, supplementing with collagen has been shown to impact your joints’ health significantly.
In one study, researchers gave a group of athletes collagen supplements for 24-weeks to assess the impact on joint pain. After the trial, the athletes reported a significant reduction in pain in a range of activities. These results led the researchers to conclude that collagen supplementation may improve both pain and athletic performance due to its nourishing and stabilizing impact on joint health[*].
Rich In Omega-9 Fatty Acids
Adding macadamia nut butter not only gives this delicious shake a creamy consistency, but it provides a hefty dose of omega-9 fatty acids as well.
Omega-9 fats ( also known as monounsaturated fatty acids) support heart health, improve energy expenditure, and may even have an impact on your mood[*]. In fact, research shows that consuming more omega-9s is associated with reduced blood pressure, improved lipid markers, and enhanced neuroprotection via its anti-inflammatory effects[*][*].
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Perhaps the most significant benefit of this keto strawberry smoothie recipe is the fact that it only contains three ingredients. If you want to dress it up, go for it. But if you’re short on time or just like to keep things simple, you’ll get all the flavor you need by mixing together Perfect Keto Strawberry Collagen Powder, Perfect Keto Macadamia Vanilla nut butter, and your favorite unsweetened milk.
If, however, you want to get even more creative, here are some great options:
Tips For Making Your Strawberry Collagen Smoothie:
- While this shake already has a sweet flavor, if you want an extra punch of sweetness, you can add in a sugar-free sweetener like monk fruit, stevia, or erythritol.
- For extra flavor, try adding in some vanilla extract or almond extract.
- You can also thicken it up with some frozen strawberries, heavy cream, coconut cream, greek yogurt, or ice cubes.
- The macadamia nut butter adds the perfect creamy consistency that makes this shake feel like a satisfying meal. However, if you don’t have any macadamia nut butter on hand, feel free to throw in some peanut butter or almond butter.
- If you have the time and you like to go the extra mile, you can also make some keto whipped cream by blending heavy whipping cream and adding this delicious finishing touch to your shake.
Strawberry Collagen Protein Shake
This keto strawberry smoothie contains only four net carbs, making it an excellent keto breakfast option when you’re really watching your carb count.
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or shaker cup. Mix well. Add ice if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 9g(4g net)
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: strawberry collagen protein shake