Our Favorite Pumpkin Waffle Recipe Just in Time for Fall
As the leaves change color and the annual brisk weather fills the air, we all know it’s that time of year — pumpkin season. Worried about staying in ketosis with all of the tempting pumpkin spice desserts surrounding you everywhere you look? Satisfy those sweet tooth cravings with our favorite Superfood Pumpkin Waffle recipe while staying on track with your ketogenic diet.
Made with organic pumpkin and our Perfect Ketones Micro Greens Powder, these Superfood Pumpkin Waffles make the ideal fall brunch — without any of the processed ingredients found in most popular pumpkin spice recipes today.
These Pumpkin Waffles are the Ultimate Superfood
The combination of organic pumpkin spice and our Micro Greens Powder creates a delicious taste of pumpkin while still getting 14 servings of 22 different fruits and vegetables, plus MCT fats for absorption.
A ketogenic diet cuts out a lot of starchy vegetables that are high in carbohydrates, but also high in nutrients. Our Micro Greens Powder gives you all the added benefits of those fruits and veggies without kicking you out of ketosis. The best part — they still taste amazing!
Pumpkins as a High Source of Antioxidants
Speaking of superfoods, pumpkins are packed with some incredible health benefits. Pumpkins contain 100% of our daily vitamin A intake in just one serving.
Pumpkins are abundant in carotenoids, a type of antioxidant. These antioxidants are responsible for heart health as well as healthy cell growth and promote a positive insulin response [*].
Carotenoids are one of the top five most important classes of phytonutrients. Pumpkins are abundant in lycopene, a specific type of carotenoid. Lycopene has been shown to help prevent cancer, improve eye health, alleviate neuropathic pain, improve heart health and even keep your bones strong.
Pumpkin recipes may be popular in autumn, but there’s no reason your diet should lack this amazing superfood the rest of the year. This pumpkin waffle recipe in particular makes about four large waffles, each packed with 12 servings of fruits and veggies per waffle. Heat up your waffle iron and you’ll have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go in less than 10 minutes.
Superfood Pumpkin Waffles
Pumpkin season is not quite over yet. This superfood pumpkin waffles recipe makes for an ideal fall brunch without going off track with the ketogenic diet.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 large waffles
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 scoops Perfect Keto Microgreens
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 20 drops stevia
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, pumpkin and coconut milk until well combined.
- Add in all of the dry ingredient and whisk until a thick batter forms.
- Heat your waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions.
- Add ⅓ cup of batter to the iron at a time to make large waffles. Cook 4-6 minutes. Then carefully lift with a spatula to remove from the iron. Repeat until all of the batter is made. It will make about 4 large waffles.
- Top with grass fed butter or your favorite nut butter and berries for a super nutritious meal!
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: superfood pumpkin waffles